Friday, August 26, 2011

Cochran boiler

Characteristics: 
  1. Vertical Boiler
  2. Multi tube Boiler
  3. straight tube Boiler 
  4. low pressure Boiler
  5. Coal fired Boiler  
  6. Single tube Boiler
  7. Natural draft Boiler
  8. Natural circulation Boiler
  9. Stationary Boiler
  10. internally fired Boiler    
  11. Water tube Boiler

Working: The fuel is burnt on the grate and ash is collected and disposed of from ash pit. The gases of combustion produced by burning of fuel enter the combustion chamber through the flue tube and strike against fire brick lining which directs them to pass through number of horizontal tubes, being surrounded by water. After which the gases escape to the atmosphere through smoke box and chimney.
Construction: Cochran boiler consists of a cylindrical shell with a dome shaped top where the space is provided for steam. The furnace is one piece construction and is seamless. Its crown has a hemispherical shape and thus provides maximum volume of space.
Advantages:
  • The minimum floor area is required.
  • Cost of construction is low.
  • it can be moved and stet up take it to different location.
  • Boiler has self contained furnace . No brick work setting is neccessary.
  • Any type of flue can be used.

Disadvantages:
  • Steam raising capacity is less due to vertical design.
  • Difficult in cleaning and inspection due to vertical design.
  • The capacity and pressure are limited.
  • The boiler requires high head room. 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Dear,

    I Like Your Blog Very Much. I see Daily Your Blog, is A Very Useful For me.

    You can also Find Furnace installation Vancouver the best boiler repair, furnace & boiler Installation Company in Vancouver at Centralgasservicescom. We provide the top quality products in hot water tanks, tankless water heater, gas fireplace and more.

    Visit Now:- https://centralgasservices.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That the very useful information i get after reading the article about energy efficiency by putting a modulating gas blower for boiler. Lennox Furnace Deal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work.
    new boiler cost

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola! I've been reading your web site for a long time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Dallas Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the fantastic job!
    Installation boiler Vancouver

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother recommended I might like this website. He was totally right. This post truly made my day. You cann't imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!
    Installation Boiler Burnaby

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to pointout my respect for your generosity for individuals who have the need for help on this one area. Your very own commitment to passing the message around had been exceedingly helpful and have specifically empowered many people like me to reach their goals. Your new invaluable guidelines entails this much to me and extremely more to my office workers. Warm regards; from all of us.
    1000 Kg/h steam boiler

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for providing individuals with an exceptionally memorable opportunity to read critical reviews from this blog. It can be so nice and jam-packed with fun for me and my office mates to search your blog on the least three times per week to read through the latest things you will have. And definitely, I'm so usually impressed with the surprising suggestions served by you. Some 4 facts in this posting are certainly the most effective I've had.
    Installation boiler Vancouver

    ReplyDelete